Monday, November 9, 2015

What's in Australia?

After a long hiatus (a period of my own forgetfulness, writing blocks, and procrastination) I fully intend to pursue this blog with a greater force than past effort. Special thanks to curious, helpful prodding from a caring person. 

I'm taking a year off from school to de-stress, re-finance, travel, and breathe. While I hope there will be enough money for me to return to Stony Brook, I am applying to other schools and keeping my options open so I can avoid furthering the black hole of student loans. I'm truly looking forward to this year and am enjoying it so far. I want to read more, ski more, and finally watch Gilmore Girls with my sister.
While embarking on our Gilmore Girls adventure, I encountered a quote or line or what have you that I love. Rory's grandfather tells his friends she is going to go to Fez someday, when they question "What's in Fez?" he answers "That's for her to find out."
That's awesome.
We may know what is in a place as far as landmarks, like the Taj Mahal or cuisine, plants, and animals, but there is so much more that you can't know until you've been to a place.
Why am I going to Australia and New Zealand? Well, I want to travel. Also, one of my best friends will be in Darwin on exchange. And it's an opportunity to travel with my best friend/boyfriend, The Alaskan Bear, and another dear friend, Mitchell. I saw a reason to go and there is plenty (too much) to explore in Australia.
What's in Australia? That's for us to find out. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Right on... glad to see you here this morning. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts and perhaps a story or two. ;)

    ReplyDelete