Monday, April 20, 2015

Positive Post

I'm not wallowing in deep emotion all the time.
In fact, the majority of the time I'm pretty positive and generally content.
It's just that very powerful emotions often propel writing and fuel minds more easily than day to day life. Be it anger, sadness, or elation.
And I feel the need to be very honest here and tell what I feel. At the very least, even if no one sees, it's therapeutic.
Don't worry, I'm overall fairly happy.
Occasionally, maybe more than others, I have dark moments.

My life right now is very busy and going at the speed of light.
It feels slow, but the weeks go by in a blink- does that make sense?
Between class, Rugby, copy editing and writing for the Indie, and homework, as well as procrastination and hanging out with friends, I have little time to decompress. Maybe this adds to my outbursts of panic, "genius", and angst.

Anyway, as I progress, I still love the same organizations as I did when I set my sights on journalism. National Geographic would be my ultimate dream job. Travel, photojournalism, environment, animals, telling stories and sharing pictures from places no one thinks about daily. The second dream job, working for National Public Radio. Radio was a big part of my intake of news growing up and it's my favorite way to get my news. These two organizations are two of my favorites and have a special place in my heart.

Of course, any other publication that would allow me to do the same work as those two would make me just as happy. As long as I get to go far and wide- through work or my own making. I'm not sure there are words for how much I feel the need to see as much as I can of the world.

One month until I visit Denver and the beautiful friends I have there for three days and then back to my beautiful town and the 10 pm sunlight. People don't understand how wonderful midnight sun is. Maybe I just like light a lot, but I think it's one of the best things about summer.

Before I go, though, I get to go to the Hampton beaches on the South shore of the Island. A little TLC with friends during finals week. Good for the body, mind, and soul.


1 comment:

  1. Have a great rest of the semester! Thanks for sharing with us via your posts.

    ReplyDelete